Monday, April 4, 2011

Memory Add-On Not Available For Firefox 4

I like to keep track of what's going on on my system. Before i updated my browser I had an extension called StatusBar Ex. This thing sat on my status bar & told me how much RAM Firefox was using, both in size & percentage. It also said how much the computer was using & the total installed. This was much easier than having to go in the control panel & trying to find System Information. And when I did do that I noticed that the extension was very accurate.

But it hasn't been updated & a lot of people on the add-on page are requesting it. I realize that it will take time to update. After all FF4 has only been out what? A week maybe. Yes I can type about:memory & a list will come up but it's only about Firefox & because it lists in kb it's not really informative. (What is with listing that way? Windows does the same. My computer has 4gb of RAM, listing in kb is silly)

No comments:

Post a Comment