Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Windows Effects Don't Work In Firefox 4

I don't know if this is an example of problems with the new browser or just general dickness by Microsoft, but I suspect the latter. At first I thought there might be a problem with my computer although everything else works, then i decided to see if it worked in IE8. Yup no problem. What a surprise! Not.

This came up because I was trying to write something on my other blog, which is a sports blog on Fannation, a subsite of SI.com. No template, you just post to a page of blogs. I wanted to write about something I read in my paper so i went on the website & found the article. Now I tried to use Aerosnap which is where you grab the top of a page & drag it to the left, release your mouse & now the page covers only half the screen, meaning you can go to another page & have it fill the other half, so you can read both at once. But you can't do that in FF4. Thanks a lot Mr. Ballmer.

So this comes off as a futile attempt to force me to use IE. Not gonna happen. Somebody needs to understand that if your browser is hated & you are rapidly losing market share (IE has gone from 90% to 57% in 5 years. Whoops), instead of artificially trying to force people into using it, just admit defeat & move on. Let Mozilla & Google take over(sorry Opera), & concentrate on continuing to improve Windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment