Saturday, April 9, 2011

Status Bar Add-on Slows Down Firefox 4

I wanted the status bar back on my browser. Mozilla had removed it from the new version, or rather had hidden it. This is a problem, since some of my add-ons have their icons on the status bar including the one I use to post to this blog.

So I downloaded Status Bar-4-Ever. Bad idea. Yeah, it put it on the browser & added a progress bar at the bottom. But after I added it i noticed it was taking longer for pages to load. Sometimes a page would just sit there. Finally I got fed up & removed it. Things immediately picked up. Now why this would do it is a mystery, especially since none of the reviews mention this issue. Hmmm. Not saying there is censorship because there are plenty of add-ons that are ripped apart on Mozilla's website. Just not this one.

I want an add-on that helps me with my computer, not one that slows it to a crawl. My ISP is slow enough as it is. So this one is a failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment