Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Phone Co Wants me To Go Wireless

I find this interesting. Today I got a letter from the phone company(which is also my ISP) . It listed 3 cell phones I could get for free. Of course I would have to sign up for a 2 year contract but they wanted to offer this to me.

I'm not interested. I have a prepaid phone I'm going to have to add $30 to next week or it goes out of service. Never mind that it has over $100 on it because of rollover, you have to add to it every three months or else. Now $30 isn't a big deal but still. Of course this wouldn't be $30($10 a month), it would be a minimum of $40 a month. With a smart phone probably $70-100 a month. No thank you. The reason my phone has over a hundred on it is because I never use it.

The alternative is signing up for Google Voice or Skype. neither of which I can figure out. And since I never make phone calls, why bother? The thing that gets me is the phone company supplies my internet service & yet they never offer deals that combine land line service with internet for a discount. Sometimes they offer TV, but I am already using the provider they deal with, so that doesn't work because those are always "new customer" deals. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment