Sunday, April 10, 2011

Does Anyone Really Use Facebook?

I'm quite serious about this. I signed up last year, but haven't logged on in two months. The people I know contact me by phone or e-mail. Even if they want to contact a bunch of people at once they simply send out a bulk e-mail. So what's the point?

I think it's mostly for college students to set up keggers.LOL. Seriously, I watched the movie & yeah Zuckerberg claims it's fiction, but the point is, it mostly allowed students to make plans with one another even though e-mail could do the same. Also, e-mailclients like Outlook or Windows Mail or Thunderbird can do the same since they can set up appointments.

I kinda knew this so when I set it up I used an e-mail address I never use. My main address is a Gmail account. That's only known by relatives & a couple of businesses. My old Yahoo account is what I call "The Spam Collector". If I don't go on it once a week, it will have hundreds of e-mails from marketers & female names I don't know. (I have Web Of Trust which tells you if a site is bad like Site Advisor. No surprise anytime I click one of these e-mails from "Jessica" or whoever I get a red dot meaning Get Out!

The address I used for Facebook is from my ISP. Never ever use it. Also used by Sports Illustrated to send spam. Besides what am I gonna get? Some Nigerian prince wants to be my friend?LOL Feel free to tell me I'm wrong. You won't because in one year of writing this blog I've gotten a grand total of two comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment