Monday, April 18, 2011

Multiple Media Players On One Computer

I have I think 4 media players on my computer. Why you ask. Well, the built in one is Windows Media Player, which I don't use. I use iTunes to manage my iPod & to listen to podcasts. My computer came with something called HP Media Smart that plays music, shows DVD's, manages photos (uh, doesn't Windows do all that anyway?) & some other things. i also have Real Player on there so I can watch Al Jazeera (needs it for some reason).

Now the problem is to use any of these players they have to be set as the default. Lovely. They can't all be the default. That's iTunes for me. The problem with iTunes is that i can't create mp3 CD's because I import everything into iTunes as an AAC file, not MP3. Now if I use WMP, everything will be imported as WMA but you can burn MP3 CD's. But I have to make it the default so I can do that. No thanks.

HP Media Smart? No really. I tried to create a playlist(everything is already on there, hmmm) but it would only list 17 songs. Huh? Genius in iTunes starts at 25 & also 50. Why 17? Makes no sense. Real Player is real pathetic. Only songs downloaded using it's own downloader, not all the songs on the hard drive. Weird.

Now the only reason I want MP3 CD's is because I have so many CD's from my downloads I would like to cut down by having them all on one CD (I've only bought 75 songs that should fit on one MP3 Cd). So for now I'm not going to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment