Monday, April 11, 2011

My Printer Hates Me

I've had this printer for, well I don't know six months? When I first got it, it was great. yeah it's a low end HP, but I don't use it that much. Basically to print a grocery list once a week. But for the last couple of months it has been acting up.

What it does is when I'm ready to print my list I click "print". I hear the mechanism move, I sounds like it's picking up a piece of paper, but it doesn't. Then of course, I get a notice on screen:"printer is out of paper". No it isn't. It just didn't grab a sheet. It's not like there's only a couple of pages in the loader either. I make sure there's at least 10 sheets in there.

Now the power button is flashing instead of completely on. So I push it, take the paper out , put it back in, click print again, & now it prints 2 copies of my list! A waste of paper (OK, it's going to take a long time to use 500 pages ), but more importantly, it wastes ink which is expensive. Over $20 for the 2 cartridges(color & b&w). This has nothing to do with Firefox 4, it's been doing this for months. Plus my grocery list is in Word. In fact it's a saved template in Documents that I open & all I do is erase the previous list & re-list everything.

This is probably one reason I barely use the printer. It's such a hassle when it does this & I have now idea why it does it. This was a $30 printer, but I wonder if a $100 printer would do the same thing. I mean when it does print it's fine (clear and bright looking). Just one of those tech issues I have to live with I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment