Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Firefox Faster at Browsing

I've noticed while using Firefox 4 that it seems to change pages much faster than 3.6 did. i don't notice that it loads any quicker, but once it is open the performance is definitely better. I've used Chrome in the past, & unlike other users never noticed a difference but that's just me.

I will continue to use this as I've always been a user. In the past I had some websites that wouldn't render using FF. PG&E was one, Verizon Wireless was another. That seems to have changed. Good to know the web designers are finally getting their heads out of their u-no-what. I'm also monitoring performance. FF4 is currently using a very small amount of RAM (why does Windows insist on using kb for performance? Is 6,000 in kb or mb & does that mean 6 mb because that seems awfully small). I'm going to use Speed Test just to see if there's been an improvement since the last time I used it when I was getting 1.2 mbps download speed (I'm paying for 1.5).

No comments:

Post a Comment