Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gawker re-design is failure for comments

I like to read articles on Lifehacker & Gizmodo. The problem is the awful re-design they did. Among the issues is the inability to read the comments. I was reading an article on the possible death of the Zune. It had 14 comments. Only 4 or 5 were available. Huh?

Why is it that popular websites just have to ruin their sites in the name of re-design. Notice I didn't call it progress, because it isn't. Like the new look to the site. I click to return to the old style because it's more readable. You can see the first paragraph of the article which tells you if you want to go on.

But why do the right thing when you can "improve"? Because a lot of people have jobs at sites where the main thing seems to be "how do I put my stamp on the site", rather than what does the reader want.

No comments:

Post a Comment