Sunday, March 6, 2011

Used Kindles More Expensive Than New?

Just out of curiosity I decided to check Amazon for used Kindles. It's not that I'm a big book reader, or that I have to have the latest tech device. I just wanted to see the cost of a used one as opposed to the new one which starts at $139 (WiFi only).

Now this is interesting. A new 3G & Wi-Fi goes for $189. Amazon has 2 used ones from $239. Huh? Really. Am I reading this right? How about the Wi-Fi only? Buy new for $139, 1 used for $179, another for $200! Hmmm. I wonder if a used $499 iPad sells for $600? No. Those actually are cheaper than new ones.

This is one reason I will never buy one. This is a scam. There is no justification for a used product selling for more than new. Think a used TV sells for more than a new one from the same manufacturer, same screen size? Of course not. It's been used. Same with a car.

Now I did buy my iPod as "refurbished" direct from Apple. It cost $50 less than a new one & 1 ½ years later it works just fine (used it for 2 hrs today). So I don't know what's going on here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment