Tuesday, March 22, 2011

You Tube Fails In Search

One of the podcasts that I like to listen to is Tech News Today from the TWIT network. Now I can download it from iTunes but that takes time. Or I can find it on You Tube, which is what I usually do. But the procedure is a pain. Just now I tried to find the most recent episode. But none of them are in any kind of order.

So if I know the number, why can't I go in the search box & write "Tech News Today 203"? I'm waiting for an answer You Tube. It won't let me. In fact it comes up with a bunch of unrelated shows with that number. Excuse me. Isn't You Tube owned by Google, the best search engine? Then why does this site have the worst search out there?

And why does Real Player take an hour to download the video, but iTunes only 15 minutes? Maybe that's why no one uses Real Player. I only have it on my computer so I can watch Al Jazeera. I think Google really needs to fix search in a program with as high a profile & as popular as You Tube is, or people will go elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment