Sunday, March 20, 2011

AARP Doesn't Understand The Web

I got my new membership card this week & decided to see what I could use it for. Hmmm. Discounts using the card at various websites. That's cool. Discount coupons from Kellogg's. So I try to do that only to find out that AARP has no clue as to what they're doing.

Click on the link to Kellogg's on the website & it takes you to the website. OK so far. Now you want to get the discount coupon so you click that link. Now you are, get this, back on the AARP site where you have to log in yet again! But you are already logged in so it gets confused. This is stupid & while trying to access the supposed coupons using two different browsers (Firefox 3.6.15 & IE 8) nothing happened.

So claiming you have discounts & actually having them are two different things. It's maddening. Maybe someone should try to actually print a coupon. They might find that their site doesn't work. You can't use AARP for Kellogg's discounts. You can register with Kellogg's but why would I do that? I don't need AARP for that. I wonder about the other coupons advertised on their site. Are they nonexistent too?

No comments:

Post a Comment