Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cell Phone Problems

I have a prepaid Samsung Smooth. This was an OK phone for a while. I use it about once a month. That's one reason I don't have a contract phone. I just wouldn't use it & the cost is out of line. $70 a month? Data at $30? No thanks.

But recently this phone has started to give me issues. The sound has gone south. it is very choppy with the sound going out during calls. That happened today while i was calling the drugstore 2 blocks away. Suddenly I couldn't hear the pharmacist. Not good. So I go on Verizon's website & find that while nobody is talking about my phone, some people are having choppy calls on more expensive phones, like Droids.

This is why I will never be a big cell phone user. i just don't think the technology is that good. Yeah I can make calls from anywhere, but the reception can be very bad. If I can't hear someone while I am in my house in a major residential area in a big city, how about in the middle of nowhere?

Maybe more expensive phones are supposed to be better, but then again, this phone was fine until a few months ago. And all phones are using the same towers to make & receive calls. So what's the issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment