Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Why I don't listen to the radio

I used to listen to the radio a lot. But after many decades I just got tired of all the commercials. Plus, why is every station in a commercial at the same time? That's silly. Plus, even in an area as big as the bay area, seemingly the 50 or so stations are playing only probably 3 or 4 different formats. So the only time I listen to any station is on my days off. And then it's before I get up, & I listen to Stephanie Miller's syndicated liberal political/comedy show.

Right now, while I'm writing this, I'm listening to internet radio on itunes. Big R Radio's the Wave. Yes, an 80's new wave station. Yeah, I'm 57, but I love that stuff. Try finding it on over the air radio. Or Jazz or Classical. Or anything that isn't the same 20 songs played endlessly. And unlike satellite radio, where you have to spend lots of money for the equipment to listen to it, all you need for internet radio is a connection & a computer or a portable device with internet access & sound. Much preferable.

Now most of the time I don't even do that. Usually I just listen to my ipod. Then I know I will like everything. But then you just here the same songs. (OK-they're playing My Sharona now. Heck I hear that at work, but you get my point). I do need more songs on my ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment