Monday, October 25, 2010

When a website sells smaller qty's than store

You want to think that it's convenient to go in a store & see the item you want to buy rather than buy online without seeing it. Not always the case. I went in a store that just opened up in my local mall that sells specialty teas. Get this: loose leaf in large quantities. They, of course, try to sell you special containers & fancy tea kettles & services.


Now I go on their website & low & behold, I can buy the tea in reasonable quantities. You know, like 20 cups. Different types are at different prices like white tea costing more than black tea & herbals costing yet a different price (gotta love that). But I can handle say $6 for some type of tea as opposed to the physical store selling a pound for $20-30.


This is because people will buy on the spur of the moment when in the store. Especially now that we're getting close to the holidays (fancy Christmas gift). Who is going to think "I wonder what their website has"? Me, I say, "no I ain't paying that for tea when i can go to Target & pay $3 for 20 bags of Bigelow or Tazo", which I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment