Sunday, October 3, 2010

Online grocery lists

So I decided "instead of just jotting down what i need, why don't I find a site that makes more professional looking lists?" So that's what i did. There were several on the first page of results alone. I looked at several different ones, didn't like how some of them looked. A couple had pre-set templates, which were way too small, with too many items, & others would let you check items.


That's what I eventually went with. Scroll down the list of items until you found what you needed, & make a checkmark. OK. Items separated by type (breakfast,frozen,meat,etc.). Looks fine so far. But when you print it up, it's in really small type, hard to read. So I (thinking logically) zoomed in a couple of times to make it larger, then printed again. Guess what? Same size!

The internet can be good for some things, but apparently printing grocery lists isn't one of them. I don't understand the concept of not making it readable. I guess i could just create my own list using Word, where i could control the font size, but shouldn't these websites be doing this? I guess most people just write it down. I just wanted something that looked better, & where I wouldn't overlook something (which happened last week causing me to have to go back to the same store the next day).

Maybe Steve will create the ilist for the ipad to use at the all new igrocery (LOL), but that doesn't help me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment