Saturday, October 9, 2010

The terror of captcha's

I was trying to submit this blog to Bing, but came across that internet terror known as a captcha. This is that silly little box with a word in an almost unrecognizable form that you have to put in a box & submit before the site will accept your site or whatever. The problem is, of course what I said. Sometimes you can't figure out what the word is.

Yes, I understand that they are trying to keep bots from submitting stuff, but if you make the captcha unreadable, then you have thrown out legitimate sites. I had to submit this blog 3 times before Bing allowed it. Why? Because I couldn't figure out all the letters. That's a problem. Because I want this blog searchable on all engines, not just Google. That increases the chances of someone coming across it.

Right now this is only being read by a few people. None more than once. I want that to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment