Monday, September 6, 2010

Who's reading this blog?

I am always interested in finding out if anyone is actually reading my thoughts. The problem is how blogger does things. They just set up a stats program that supposedly tracks the views. The problem is that it also counts any visits I make. Like yesterday I made several visits while changing the template color & overall look. I decided the dark look was probably offputting for some people. But of course when i looked at blogger's stats, it listed all those visits.

Here's the problem. Blogger places a tracking cookie that is supposed to block my own visits. The problem is that it doesn't work. I click on "don't track my visits". Click save & exit, & when I come back the cookie isn't there. And I'm not the only one. There are a lot of posts in the blogger forums about this issue. This was a new thing, & it just doesn't work.

Now Stat Counter is a website that does the same thing. the difference is that their tracking/blocking cookie actually seems to work. Except when I use CCleaner, which dumps everything. But this is an issue with that software. Because whenever i use it, i try to get it to not clean out all cookies, but , needless to say, everytime i use CCleaner, I have to re-log into Google. Frustrating. Still, I won't stop using it, because it is the best way to keep your system clean.

As for who is actually reading this. The stats say that most of my visitors (and there are not that many), most are from the U.S., but there are some from Canada, & apparently one from the UK. Most use Firefox, only 4 use IE, & the rest use strange things, or at least Stat Counter lists things like Java? Thats a language, not a browser, so I don't know what they're talking about.

Anyway I will continue to write, hoping someone reads this. Since I work 12 hr days, I only write on my days off. That means today thru wednesday this week. I was going to go to the zoo today, but after I tried to print a map, I realized it was too late. 11:00 AM means I wouldn't have gotten there until maybe 12:15, so I said "eh, wasn't that excited anyway". Maybe I'll go the Monterey Bay Aquarium one of these days, even though it's $30!

No comments:

Post a Comment