Tuesday, September 28, 2010

HBO doesn't understand technology

So I tried to look at the "inside the episode" videos for Boardwalk Empire on HBO.com. Not good. You would think that a network that spends $20M on the 1st episode of a new series could spend 5¢ on their website. None of the videos would play. They would start, then just freeze up & move to the next video without my choosing it. Oh, BTW, it's not my computer because I watched a movie on Netflix this afternoon. Worked just fine. Never froze or anything.


I find that certain websites have issues with video. Slideshows seem to work fine, but the people designing the sites don't seem to understand how to put video up. Maybe they should talk to the You Tube people. I don't understand it, but I'm not a tech geek. Just a guy who likes to view video online. Heck today I watched River of No Return w/Marilyn Monroe (Hey Netflix, want to get some newer films on your streaming platform), & then Jon Stewart interviewing loudmouth Bill O'Reilly on Comedy Central's website. And later I'll probably watch Letterman on CBS' website.  But I'm not an expert on video, I expect the webmasters to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment