Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ubuntu fails again.

This morning while watching the Niners game, or at least as much as I could stomach, I was on 49ers Webzone, the top fansite. I was using Ubuntu rather than Windows. What a bad decision. I find myself using Ubuntu much less than before because it just doesn't do the job. Case in point, the horribly slow inability to surf through pages of a website that Windows 7 doesn't seem to have issues with.

I find it curious that the fanboys are still out there praising their great and almighty competitor. While an open source operating system is a good idea in theory, the reality is Linux will never be mainstream until it can handle the little things. I've used it to surf before, & it was ok, but as time goes by, you realize that Linux & especially Ubuntu is just not capable enough to do the job.

I would like to be able to choose what OS I use for certain projects or applications, but the reality is that, when you just want to get something done quickly without thinking, you have to use Windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment