Monday, September 27, 2010

Is Putin reading this?

One of the things I like to do is keep track of where the readers of this blog are. Blogger Stats will list the countries where readers are from, & StatCounter will actually list the ISP. So today it has two listings from Investelektrosviaz Ltd in Moscow. How very interesting!  One view at 6:55 AM, & another at 8:19 AM.

So almost an hour and a half apart, someone in Moscow was on this blog. The funny thing is one of my counters had a direct link, but when I went on it, it was simply a Russian search engine. And my blog wasn't there. Maybe it was on another page, but I didn't feel like going through multiple pages looking for it. Strange. Possibly a robot search that somehow came up with this site. FeedBurner always has bots listed as hits on this blog. Hmmm.


OK, I would like to think that people in other countries are reading this, but Russia also has a reputation of being the Wild Wild West of internet crime. And both searches were of my post on not being able to download podcasts on my ipod. I wonder if this is an issue in Russia? Does Steve Jobs know about this? Will the government be bugging me? Gawd, I hope not!

I guess I will have to keep track of this. Besides I want as many readers as possible. Ego you know. That's why I registered with FaceBook, so those people would see it to. Everyone else, check where you're readers are coming from. Could be quite enlightening.



No comments:

Post a Comment