Friday, September 10, 2010

Using my printer

Now as much as I like to play around with the stuff I have, I also like to get things done with as little hassle as possible. My new printer is part of that. Trying to figure out how to turn it off for instance. it comes on fine, but shutting it off is a chore. Thanks guys. And Oh, BTW- why is so hard to include a manual. The readme documentation does nothing. It's not a manual. it doesn't tell you how to do things, like setting up the printer, or problems you may have.

Now mind you. I haven't really had any problems. But why is it that nothing you buy has a manual anymore? Are we all supposed to learn by osmosis or by screwing things up (oh yeah, I guess I shouldn't do that)? This is everything. I had to go to the bookstore to buy a book for my new computer. Or rather, to understand Windows 7, not my computer. ipod? No manual. I mean my George Foreman Grill has a manual. That cost $20. My printer cost $30, my computer $600. A little common sense should be at play here.

No comments:

Post a Comment