Sunday, September 12, 2010

Addicted to Bejeweled

One of the things that came with my new computer were some pc games. What I didn't know at the time was that these were "trial" versions. That meant you could only play them a couple of times, then you would be told you had to buy the game. The system HP used included buying "wild coins", meaning instead of paying $20 to own it outright, you could pay $7/month for 50 coins to play with. now why you would want to do that is beyond me.

For a while i said nah, no thank you. but finally I gave in & bought Bejeweled 2, which I really liked because it was  a puzzle game, simple but complex at the same time. There are 4 different ways of playing it. Classic, where you just accumulate points, then go to the next level, although I've never gotten beyond level 2. Action, which is fast paced, & Puzzle, which I really don't like.

Then there's the Endless mode. You have a timer, but you keep going to the next level. Today i went up two levels, & now I am on level 22. Who knows how many there are. Bejeweled is, according to Wikipedia, one of the 5 biggest selling pc games ever. I can understand why. I'm not a big gamer, but I do like this game.

Football season started today, so I am playing a free pick'em game on ESPN.com. You pick every game, with or without spreads, (I'm not playing the spread). I've played this way at jobs. Just pick the winner of every Sunday game, & pick points on Monday for the tie-breaker. Not sure how much I can win, there are prizes, but I just want to see how it goes. It's fun, even if my Niners stunk up the joint today!

Will I play other games. Well, I've played both the Chess & Checkers games that are built into Windows 7, but wasn't too good, but maybe I'll play again. Not sure how good I would be in a trivia game, although I may look for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment