Monday, July 18, 2011

When Will Dentists Go High Tech?

Today I had to visit my dentist for a teeth cleaning. Because of an issue I have (a pocket has developed in a back tooth), I am going every four months. Now my dentist is a cool guy but who wants to see their dentist every four months?

Anyway it's a pain. No he doesn't hurt, but it's an annoyance. I actually have to turn one way so he can pull my cheek another way to get to some teeth. I jokingly said "when are they going to come up with a laser to clean my teeth in a couple of minutes?". He laughed at that, but it's true. They've done everything else. Why not go Star Trek & come up with a way to do that?

There is some laser surgery, so I am sure that something like that might come along at some point. Everything else is going that way. Heck I just downloaded an entire CD from iTunes & it came with what Apple calls a "digital booklet". This is the booklet you get when you buy the physical Cd except it's a PDF.

Maybe in a couple of hundred years all surgery will be laser. Quicker & less dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment