Wednesday, July 20, 2011

iPod Sales Decreasing

While giving the quarterly earnings report, Apple revealed that iPod sales went down 20% last quarter. Meanwhile iPhone sales went up 142% with 20 million sold & 9.25 million iPads were sold, an increase of 183%. Now that is for a relatively new product. The iPhone sales as opposed to the 7.54 million iPods?

People apparently want their music on their phone. The thinking must be "why should I have BOTH a phone & a separate music player?". My thought is this: iPods take battery power, so do cell phones. If I'm listening to music on my iPhone, I'm decreasing the battery time length. Meaning I have to charge the battery that many more times because I'm using it for something other than it's main reason. And remember that you can't change the battery in any Apple device.

If it's convenience since you only carry one device instead of two, again, if you have to constantly recharge the battery on your phone because you're using it as a MP3 player, you are wasting your money. An iPod doesn't cost $100 a month in AT&T or Verizon phone charges. Now who looks silly?

I use my iPod maybe 4 days of the week, maybe 6-7 hours. Do that on an iPhone & instead of charging the phone once a day (if I make lot's of calls) or only a few times a week, or even once a week, I'm charging it twice as often, meaning the battery will die that much quicker, an Apple likes that because you will have to buy a new iPhone, since again: you can't change the battery yourself. How smart am I?

1 comment:

  1. A very nice informational blog. Keep on making such important blog post. Your work is really being appreciated by someone.Thanks for the useful post for iPod sales

    ReplyDelete