Wednesday, July 27, 2011

iTunes Doubles My Music

This qualifies as adventures in downloads. A couple of months ago I had an issue with iTunes. I had downloaded a few 60's songs, but for some reason they didn't show up in my library. It turned out that they were there, but in a hidden file. You had to go to "purchased" & then they would finish the download.

But the way iTunes described it, they wouldn't play on my iPod. That wasn't true, but that's the way it was written. So I re-downloaded them. And here's what else I did. I bought the same songs but from a different album. These were 4 songs from Cream, the psychedelic/blues band that Eric Clapton was in. The original downloads were from the original albums & the repeat downloads were from a "Best of" CD.

So once they were on there I deleted the original downloads which sent them to the recycle bin. I should have empty it at that time but I didn't. So today I was playing my iPod, playing "songs" meaning it was just playing everything in alphabetical order. I have around 540 songs on there so it takes time to go through everything. Suddenly "Sunshine of your Love" comes on & then repeats. Huh? So I check & all 4 songs are doubled!

So this time I deleted them from iTunes, then went to recycle bin & emptied the bin. Then I synched my iPod. It asked if I wanted to put in iTunes songs I had on the iPod that I didn't have in iTunes. I said no. So now my iPod seems to be rid of doubles. But I would suggest checking out once in a while.

Again this only happened because of a downloading problem that only happened once. I mean, last week I downloaded an entire CD-no problems. The Suburbs by Arcade Fire, great album. I never even heard of this band until a year ago when I borrowed their previous CD from the library. See RIAA? I liked what I heard from a CD from the library(they don't like that), and ended up buying the next CD through iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment