Thursday, July 7, 2011

Another DVD With Play Issues

There seems to be a new problem with DVD's. I've had this issue crop up at least twice now. Namely the inability to access the movie. In this case when I hit play movie, it froze up on the FBI screen. It would click play like it was going to go to the movie, but instead went right back to the FBI screen. When this happens I've found that if you go back to the main menu & instead of clicking play movie, you go to scene selection. Click the first scene & it goes to the beginning. I don't mean the first scene, I mean it goes to where it would start with the studio logo like if you had hit play movie. Inception did the same thing. This was the King's Speech. Different studio.

Is this a DVD problem? Is my player now having problems with the play selection? Actually if that was the case the movie wouldn't play at all. Maybe this is why people want to stream. but that doesn't work. None of these movies are available that way. They're too recent. Plus streaming always has the possibility of buffering issues.

Now I wouldn't mind getting a new player, but if that isn't the issue, why spend the money? I don't have a big screen, but do have Directv, which means no DVR. So I'm stuck with renting DVD's, getting Pay Per View (expensive-$5 a movie) or waiting till it's on HBO.

No comments:

Post a Comment