Monday, November 15, 2010

Rumor-Beatles on iTunes Tuesday

This has been a question for years. Why aren't the Beatles on iTunes, especially since Steve jobs is known to be a big fan? Has it been money, the lawsuits over Apple's name, the remaining Beatles not wanting their music downloadable? That's what I have always thought, but couldn't figure out why. "We're so important & special, why degrade our image by putting it on a site that sells Britney & Bieber". Well that's just silly.

Every other big group is available. The Stones, Zep & Elvis. So the point is moot. On the other hand, I have most of their recordings on CD, so it's no problem for me to put it on my iPod. But the fact is that iTunes is the biggest music retailer in this country, so having their music there would help sales of their catalog, especially since Beatle CD's still sell well.

I suspect that if this is announced tomorrow you will see large sales of albums & individual songs. I have every album from Rubber Soul on, except for Yellow Submarine because there were only four new songs. I would definitely download Hey Bulldog, a very good, lightly played song.

No comments:

Post a Comment