Sunday, November 7, 2010

Online video fails for no reason

The new thing is to claim that people will stop subscribing to cable & watch everything online. This only works if the format works. I tried today to watch two different college games on ESPN 3. Both froze up for no reason.

Now I am a regular viewer of ESPN 3. I have never had this happen before. The reason I do this is that I work on Saturdays, so this is the only way I have to watch college ball. I watch a game every week. Today it failed. First i tried to watch Nebraska-Iowa State. I saw about two minutes before it started freezing up. So I switched to Oregon-Washington, a rivalry game with the #1 team in the nation. Made it until the end of the first half, then it froze twice within two minutes.

News flash to Disney: I am not going to watch your video if this becomes a regular issue. I have a brand new computer with plenty of memory (4GB) & plenty of speed (3.07 MHZ), so it's not the computer, especially since my previous computer with only 768 MB & a 2GHZ processor didn't have this issue. It just had a blurry picture.

And BTW Microsoft, why did you make it so hard to find the defragger in Windows 7? It was on the quick launch bar in XP. I had to go in the explorer search box & type it in to find it. Why do that? I like 7, & especially like that Windows Explorer can be launched from the task bar, but don't hide important programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment