Sunday, November 21, 2010

The curse of the printer

So I have this HP printer that I've had for months, & this morning it didn't feel like doing it's job. Why? I have no idea. I have a little template that I use to print my shopping list. I do this every week. Never had a problem before. This morning I hit print apparently 6 times because it said I had 6 documents waiting but the printer was offline.

Offline? Why? I didn't launch Firefox this morning because I wasn't planning on using it. Why do i need to be on the web to print a document I'm writing? So I loaded it. Same thing. HP help. Worthless. Nothing about what to do when it won't print. Finally I rebooted the computer. Didn't launch Firefox or anything, but guess what? It started printing all those copies. WTF?

What is it with technology, that it can't "just work"? (Go away Linux fanboys) And why is so hard for Microsoft to have in it's help center some info for when something like this happens. I'm no genius, I need help when this happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment