Monday, November 7, 2011

Robots Reading My Blog

It's interesting to read Blogger stats. Unlike Statcounter which only counts actual views through an ISP, Blogger counts stats from the search engine bots. So the stats are always a lot higher & from all over. For instance, in the last week the most searches for this blog were from here, Germany & Russia. Also there were searches from England, Latvia & Singapore.

My sports blog had searches from Russia & Bangladesh. Now I'm smart enough to know that there's probably no one in Bangladesh who knows who the 49ers are, so that's how I know it's a bot. Yeah some poor muslim beggar making a couple of pennies a day is interested in how many yards Frank Gore got yesterday. LOL. And I'm sure "Peggy" (You know-the russian scammer in the capital one commercials) wants to know how many tackles P Willie had.

It's an fascinating stat. However I would rather know that real people are reading my two blogs. This one does decently, but certainly not at the level of a well known one. And my sports one isn't read at all. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment