Wednesday, November 16, 2011

PG&E Screws Up Website

One of the main reasons for Smart meters is the ability to keep track of energy consumption through a utility's website. I did this all last winter. It allowed me to know where i stood, & if I could afford to use the heat in the middle of the day. Otherwise I would just bundle up until evening.

But of course PG&E couldn't keep that up could they? What they did was change the website by creating a new format called "My Energy", which has not been available for at least a week.

No. Don't "thank me for my patience". Just put the site back up. If this has been down for over a week, that's not a small issue. That's a plan to prevent me from accessing my energy consumption. After all, we are talking about PG&E, not the most honest or responsible utility in the nation. For the record, the website seems only interested in allowing you to make payments now. Saving money-not so much. I find it hard to believe that haven't been able to fix this issue in all this time. Looks more like they don't want you to know how much energy you are using. An investigation would be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment