Monday, November 14, 2011

TWITTV Website Failing Viewers

After watching This Week In Tech religiously through first YouTube & then through the revamped TWITTV website, I now find myself having to download the large video podcast through iTunes. Why you ask? Because all of a sudden the site is unable to stream the podcast. It freezes constantly.

Now why all the buffering recently? Are more people watching it? That would be nice, but there's a core that would watch this. I can't imagine it suddenly spiked. At first I thought it was Firefox which just jumped to version 8, but I switched to IE9 & it's doing the same thing.

Now since I watch other stuff online, like episodes of David Letterman & Jon Stewart, I can tell you it isn't my computer. Those stream fine. So I can only assume that a tech site is having technical problems streaming & replaying video. Isn't that ironic?

I hope this is soon resolved. I have decided to download Sunday's episode which I will watch tomorrow, & I guess I will subscribe to the video version. I could listen to the audio version which I did for over a year, but it is more entertaining to be able to see the people talking, plus they do show technology on the show sometimes meaning it would be good to see what they are talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment