Sunday, November 6, 2011

Firefox Going To Version 8

Here we go again. Tuesday is the release day for Firefox 8. Will it be any different & how many things won't work? The continuing insistence on copying Chrome is a major problem.  I love Firefox but this gets old. Eventually Mozilla wants to go to silent updates like Chrome. The problem with that is the amount of things that will break, like extensions.

But then again my ScribeFire just updated to ScribeFire Next. It only loaded one blog. I had to manually load my sports blog (OK-no one is reading that, but still). I'm still not sure how that will work, so this post is an experiment. And Apple keeps trying to get me to update iTunes. I did that a couple of months ago. It works fine, why update constantly?

Yes, I know it has to do with security, but it can get out of hand. The constant updating does cause problems. It's to impress people who should know better, but most people are not geeks & think a higher number means it's better. I'm surprised Apple hasn't changed the numbering system for their OS. It's still OSX, not OS25.LOL.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment