Sunday, November 6, 2011

iPod nano Clock Mystery

Today I was listening to my iPod nano using my earphones. After listening for about an hour I happened to look at the top of the unit & noticed the clock. Now my nano is a 4th generation that I have had for two years. I haven't synced the unit for probably two weeks. But somehow it has the right time. Meaning it is on standard time, not daylight savings.

Now daylight savings time ended this morning at 2AM(why that's the end I've never figured out). And since I haven't hooked up my iPod to my computer for two weeks I would like to know how it has gone to standard time without me doing anything.

I've looked on Wikipedia & on Apple's website & they say nothing. I am very curious. How exactly does an iPod nano know to change the clock ahead one hour? Is WI-Fi involved or 3G? It's a nano, not a touch or an iPhone. Kinda spooky if you ask me. I understand my computer doing it, because it is hooked up to DSL. Same with my TV, Directv changes it automatically. But an iPod without internet access? That's weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment