Monday, November 21, 2011

PG&E Site Changes Remove Bill Estimates

After being unavailable for weeks, PG&E finally puts online the new "My Energy" pages. What a disaster!
The reason I liked the old site was that it told you how much you were using & what your estimated bill would be.

I don't mean at the end of the month. All sites do that. I mean day by day you could see your costs. So in the middle of the month I knew what my bill was going to look like. This allowed me to change things. "Hmmm. If I keep using this much a day, I will have a $100 utility bill. I need to cut down". That is now gone. Now all you have is average kwh hours per day & average cost per kw (example: $0.13/kw). What this means is I have to get out a calculator & do the math myself.

Why do this? Isn't it obvious. Most people won't make the effort, meaning your bill goes up, & PG&E makes more money. Surprise, surprise, surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment