Tuesday, November 8, 2011

iPod Earphones Stop Working

I've had my iPod nano for a little over 2 years. I had to use the included Apple earphones for about 6 months. Not very good.  First of all because they are flat earbuds they don't fit well in my ears. There's always trouble with the left ear, which I guess has a different shape opening. Then the sound isn't really all that good. Not much bass to speak of.

So when I could I bought a better pair. In my case, Sony in-ear phones with lots of bass & a volume control on the cord. These were great. Only $40 at Best Buy. So yesterday I'm sitting inn a chair at home listening to some Beatles (Past Masters Volume II). I've just listened to Paperback Writer & now on comes Rain, a lesser known John Lennon number. All of a sudden I have no sound coming out of the left ear. I remove them, clean the wax out, poke a hole, nothing. I have to resort to connecting the iPod to my stereo.

I have no idea what happened. Apparently it decided to short out at that point. I had not touched anything, so I have no idea why it happened. This morning I hunted down & found the original white Apple earbuds that came with the unit. Like I said, it takes a long time just to get them to fit in my ears, & the sound isn't as good as the Sony's . So one of these days I will have to look for new ones. I really don't want to, but what can I do?

I spent a lot of time looking for those buds. I even looked at the Koss Porta Pro on ear phones. yeah they look kinda dumb, but I never wear my iPod out of the house anyway. The price doesn't seem to have changed in 2 years (imagine that), but why I have to do it is still a mystery.  Anyway let's see what happens. I have other things I want to get, headphones is definitely not #1 on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment