Tuesday, May 31, 2011

iCloud To Be Revealed

I'm not sure I understand the point of this. Yes, it means you can access your music library anywhere. It mirrors your music, rather than copies it. Whatever. I mean won't you have your iPod or iPhone with you when you go somewhere? So why would you need this?

What I would like to see is the iTunes store online instead of being part of the player. It's one of the reasons that iTunes is such a bloated program. I mean most music players (WMP, Winamp, Songbird) are around 50 MB in size. But iTunes is like 300 MB! That's because of two reasons. The store is huge & obviously takes up a lot of space. And two-Quicktime. Another Steve Jobs attempt to control everything. Instead of using Adobe Flash which most computers already have, you have to include this boondoggle to get iTunes to work. It alone is 75 MB or more than every other music player completely.

People hate iTunes but are forced to use it to sync their i devices. A cloud version is a good idea, but it clearly won't replace the downloaded version. So I don't see how this is going to work, but then again I have a nano & don't care about the cloud. Just about putting music & podcasts on my device. Heck I've only taken my iPod out of the house twice in the year and a half that I've owned it. But I play it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment