Sunday, May 15, 2011

Custom Scans On Computer

I'm thinking about the scans my computer has available. the reason is because HP wanted to update support assist this morning. It supposedly does an automatic scan at 2AM once a month. But I don't keep my computer on at night. This also applies to Avira antivir & MalwareBytes. All list automatic scans always in the middle of the night. I suppose this is so it doesn't interfere with using your system, but like I said, I shut down my computer at night.

So it's interesting to me to see these items. I am going to assume that most people do as I do. Businesses excluded. They don't shut down their systems because they need them up & running when the day starts. Or they need to run 24 hrs. My company is 24/7 so it never shuts down. The work shifts never stop, when I leave another shift comes in. Thus those computers never shut down 365 days. (Amusingly I regularly see computers with pop ups about downloading updates that I know are never done. I mean the computers run XP which I am guessing most businesses around the world are still using, the cost of replacing large numbers of computers being prohibitive.)

Anyway, I did the update which took a long time. I have seriously thought of having my ISP upgrade me to a higher speed but why bother? It's still slow compared to the rest of the world, & will probably never change. Capitalism in this country means broadband will never get to asian levels(South Korea 85mbps/USA 3-6mbps) because our wonderful(sarcasm) ISP's would want to charge several hundred dollars a month for those speeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment