Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Vacuum Mfg's Cost Us Money

I bought a new vacuum cleaner maybe five years ago. Recently I attempted to buy new bags for it. This is now a problem. Even though I bought the same design, the new ones don't really fit, meaning dirt everywhere. Why is this happening?

The reason is that the manufacturers are now making bagless cleaners. These are full size versions of what used to be little hand held cleaners like the Shark. For the record I own one of these, but only use it a small corners where a full size won't fit. But now every company is making regular full size cleaners with this technology.

That's all fine & good, except for those of us who have more traditional units. Should I spend $70-200 on a new bagless cleaner when my bagged cleaner works just fine? This is when technology works against the normal person. I even saw yesterday $10-20 mops. Really? All because they fancy them up with spray bottles & the like. Hey, I just want to mop the floor.

My 25" TV works fine but soon I'm going to have to get the big screen I want anyway because more channels are doing everything in widescreen meaning I can't see everything & in the case of ESPN, I no longer can read the scores because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment