Monday, January 24, 2011

Welcome to a site you didn't join

Gotta love the internet. I read about Groupon, which Google tried to buy. So I decided to look at it. They wanted an e-mail address to look, so I used one I never use, because it's loaded with spam. But the thing is, I didn't actually join up. Mainly because I didn't see what I thought I would, namely lots of offers. Plus spending $10 to get $20 worth of stuff is, well, not that great.


I get weekly coupon offers from another site that is part of a brick & mortar store that's in my mall. Sign up was free, & the coupons are free ( 33%-40% off on stuff). now which would you consider a better deal? And frankly I'm more likely to buy something at that store than some of the obscure deals from companies I've never heard of that Groupon does.


But the point is, I didn't actually join, but because I gave them an e-mail address, they think I did. Ooops. Sorry. But I doubt I'll ever use your service. Pay attention to what someone is actually doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment