Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Backups & labels in iTunes

I always make CD's of the songs I buy from iTunes. This is what Apple tells you to do since they won't let you re-download songs if you have a problem. No problem. It's a good idea. Especially if you buy a new computer as I did. I just used the burned CD's to add to the new version of iTunes.

Today I decided it would be a good idea to see if I could combine some of those CD's so I don't have so many. Besides if I continue to buy downloads I'm going to have quite a collection anyway.

Then I decided to see if I could print labels for these new CD's. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I could. Why they print in blue with white writing, IDK. But they look good. Now my new computer has Lightscribe, which is a technology that allows you to print track listings directly on the disc. But you have to have special CD's to do that, & since I already had a cylinder of regular blank CD's, I wasn't about to go out & spend extra money just to try out that technology. I will eventually, but I don't burn enough Cd's to justify it.

Anyway, it was fun being able to do this. I still have too many burned CD's. but that's because I have enough downloads that they take up several CD's. I could burn them to DVD but I don't know if iTunes would recognize & reload those.

No comments:

Post a Comment