Sunday, January 9, 2011

Computer fan hates sleep mode

My 7 month old computer has an issue with sleep mode. Why, I don't know. This has happened at least twice. I will be using my machine, put it into sleep, go away, remember something & wake up the computer. This is after it's been off only a couple of minutes. Apparently my HP doesn't like this, so the fan goes nuts. Starts racing really fast. I end up shutting it down & rebooting it.

Now my old computer never did this in the two years I used that 8 year old that I bought used for $100. This is a brand new $600 machine, with obviously a much larger Hard Drive, memory, & faster processor. And why is it heating up, needing the fan? I don't do much more than  surf or watch video. Plus now it's winter & the house isn't exactly 90°, plus it never did that in the summer when it was hot.

I can avoid some of this by using my USB stick that has Ubuntu on it, but then what's the point of having a new computer running Windows 7? Plus, as I have said in previous posts, Ubuntu has a number of issues relating to video. I guess I will go over to Best Buy tomorrow & ask someone. Doesn't mean they know anything, but it's close by, unlike godawful Fry's. Heck I asked someone at work ( a high tech company) & they didn't know what I was talking about!



No comments:

Post a Comment