Sunday, March 4, 2012

AT&T Support:3rd Time Was A Charm (Sort Of)

I can't believe how long it took to get help from AT&T. I have been having internet issues. Well, actually it's just that I'm paying for 3 Mbps & not getting anywhere near that.

So I called support today.  Three friggin times! The first call was disconnected. Thanks a lot. The second call got me a person who insisted I was paying for a lower level than I knew I was. "Pro" is up to 3Mbps NOT 1.5 (that's express). I hung up on that loser. Finally I got someone who was, surprise! Actually intelligent. Howboutthat!

Still not sure. I suspect I have a problem with an old modem. Mine is 5-6 years old. I would hate to have to spend the $70 needed to replace it. Of course the AT&T person wanted to imply that using Netflix or Hulu is responsible. Really? Because I haven't been on either website today, but my speed is under 2. So I don't buy that.

We did a bunch of tests. Unplugged the modem. Usually this results in the speed going up. That's why I am suspicious that it's the modem going bad. Video is still better than it was when I was paying for 1.5 Mbps. Clear not blurry. She did help me out, but still wanted me to upgrade to "Elite", which is 6 Mbps. I think that's another $10 a month. Amazing how the South Koreans get 85 & we can't even get 10. Just awful, but it's what American ISP's want to deliver. Pathetic speeds for outrageous prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment