Wednesday, March 7, 2012

DVD Plays In Computer But Not On TV

I have no idea what happened, but I had a major issue with a DVD today. I spent 15 minutes trying to get it to load on my 25" TV. I couldn't get it to do anything. I'd get to the "play movie" screen, click enter & suddenly be back on the opening screen that only gives the brand name of the player.

After doing this several times, including running a cloth over the DVD & not seeing any scratches, I gave up & put it in my computer. Now this was another adventure. It would play in WMP, but without sound. I have no idea what that was about. Finally I was able to go through "all programs" & find HP Media Center. And surprise! The movie played.

I may never know what the problem was. I played a DVD just a week or 2 ago with no issues. So what was the problem today. If there were scratches that severe that my DVD player couldn't get to the opening of the movie, why did my computer have no issues playing the entire 135 minute movie without a single glitch?

At least I was only dropping from a 25" screen to a 18 1/5" monitor.  If I was dropping down from a 42" widescreen TV then I would have been severely irritated.

No comments:

Post a Comment