Sunday, March 11, 2012

How Does My iPod Know The Time?

Last night Daylight Savings Time started. This morning I got my iPod nano & when I clicked it on, I noticed it had updated the time. How did it do that? 

Again, this is a 4th generation nano. Not a touch. Therefore no internet connection. I don't have Wi-Fi in my house. I understand my cell changing the time, it's obviously on the 3G network, or at least calling the cell tower. Does my nano use the tower?

I went on Wikipedia's iPod page, & there is nothing about this on it. maybe I will go on Apple's site, but I don't expect to find out anything there either. It's not a big deal, I'm just curious as to how my iPod knew the time had changed. And for the record, my iPod hasn't been connected to my computer for 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment