Tuesday, March 13, 2012

TWIT.TV Attacked Again

I was about to go on TWIT & watch Tech News Today, but my computer wouldn't let me. For the 2nd time in less than a year, this very popular tech podcast network has been breached by foreign criminals distributing malware.

This angers me greatly. This is a legitimate site with some of the best, most informative netcasts devoted to technology. Last week, one of their podcasts devoted an entire 1-2 hour episode showing how Windows 8 works.

But hackers & criminals have no respect for tech. They use it, but they are willing to destroy it. This makes no sense. These are the type of people our justice department should be going after, not some british college student who's site had links to "gasp" movie downloads.

To be clear, it wasn't Firefox that stopped me (I have lots of security add-ons), it was Google itself. So bravo to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment