Sunday, March 18, 2012

Connection Problems With New Modem

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a new modem. All seemed fine at the time, other than an issue with my e-mail account. Now the last two days I have had an issue with the connection.

There's supposed to be 4 lights on my modem. If one isn't on, there's a problem. That happened last night, & then again this morning. The internet light wasn't on, meaning no connection. After shutting everything off, & waiting a couple of minutes, I turned everything back on, & voila! The internet was available.

I'm not one of those people that never turns off my computer. Because of my work schedule, I can go days without using my computer. That happened this week. I used it Tuesday, then never turned my computer on again until Saturday night. Why keep it on & use electricity for no reason?

So keeping it on is not an option. The point is there shouldn't be an issue. Apparently the new modem isn't recognized by my computer. But why? It's the proper modem or it wouldn't work at all. Obviously it's working now or I couldn't post this.

So tomorrow I will see what happens & if this happens again, I WILL be calling AT&T. It is not acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment