Tuesday, February 28, 2012

HTTPS Everywhere Extension

I read about this on Lifehacker today & decided to try it out. Funny thing is the add-on isn't on Mozilla's add-on page, but rather, you have to go to the Electronic Frontier Foundation's homepage.

It makes as many sites as it can secure with HTTPS code. Except sites that have some problems. For instance Netflix isn't secure by the extension, which lists it as "buggy". Hmmm. What does that mean? Maybe it only works part time. Kind of silly since my cc info is on there.

On the other hand Wikipedia is secured. Does this need to be? Some of it seems to be disabling ad sites like Doubleclick. But I block those with AdBlock Plus anyway. When I log in to PG&E or Directv, those are secured, but I can't remember if they would be anyway. So I am still not sure if this extension is that important. I guess it can't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment