Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DVD's Remove Menu Option

Here's something that I'm coming across more & more. Certain DVD's no longer give you the option of clicking menu on your remote & going directly to the film options. This is clearly an attempt to make you endure the multiple trailers & ads for upcoming DVD's.

This happened today on a Netflix rental. It's not the first time, & clearly won't be the last. I was forced to hit fast forward at 20X to get to the movie. Again Hollywood does what they want to do instead of what the consumer wants. And they wonder while sales are down & people pirate.

Let us watch what we paid for. I'm not interested in an ad for something I'm never going to watch. This isn't network television. What's next: not letting me skip to whatever song I want to hear on a CD?

No comments:

Post a Comment